Monday, October 17, 2005

Small Talk

"Hi, baby. Now whose child are you?"

"I'm Anika, I'm Brenda-Carol's daughter"

"Oh my goodness. You were that little girl? Why you're all grown up now! How old are you?"

"I'm 28."

"Oh my goodness! You're a lady! I thought you were just out of college! Where do you live?"

"I'm in LA."

"Los Angeles?! Why you're old enough to have a family of your own now. Are you married?"

"No ma'am."

"Do you have any kids?"

"No ma'm."

"Good. But don't you have a boyfriend?"

"No ma'am."

"Why a pretty girl like you with a nice figure, it just don't make no sense. What are you doing out there in California?"

"I'm doing policy work and I've started a production company."

"Well look at that, and no boyfriend to speak of?"

"No ma'am. Would you excuse me, I have to help my grandma with the desserts."



And so it begins...

1 Comments:

Blogger RB Ripley said...

Such a familiar ring...

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home