Friday, December 09, 2005

A Hermit Thanksgiving


I know Thanksgiving was two weeks ago, but since I wrote my blog about Halloween on November 10th I've decided to continue with my post-post-holiday blogs.

Basically, I worked.

Not on Thanksgiving, but the day before from 8am-midnight, the Friday after, Saturday, and Sunday.

Did I get paid?
Did I mention that I worked at a non-profit?

Did I get comp time?
Have you met my boss?

Well what did I get?
I got some flowers.

So just in case you didn't pick up on this already, I'm looking for a new job. By the spring I would like (read: NEED) to be in New York doing great work for great people with great pay, living in a great apartment, and traveling to great places. Any assistance in arranging that would be greatly appreciated.

On a happier note, my brother finally came to visit a couple of weeks ago. For those of you not in the know, my brother lives in San Francisco. Two years ago he launched a successful marketing campaign to get me to move to LA, you know, so we could be closer to each other. So I moved in December of 2004.

His recent visit, in November of 2005, marks the first trip he's made to see me.

I'm so glad I moved here to be closer to my brother, who reads this blog, and never visits. In his defense, he brought me a TV when he came to visit, so my hermit lifestyle has been enhanced. I am now no longer confined to staring at my ceiling and listening to NPR. I can watch Law and Order (again)!

Actually, I wanted to visit him for Thanksgiving. But as you know, I worked. Instead I watched television and ate cookies.

I would have gone to the movies,
but that would have meant driving and changing out of pajamas.

I would have gone to a friend’s house,
but that would have meant driving and changing out of pajamas.

I would have gone out to eat,
but that would have meant driving and changing out of pajamas.

And since I’ve not watched TV regularly since moving to LA, sitting in my pjs, eating cookies, and watching shows I’ve only heard about was the best Thanksgiving I could have wished for - given my current state of affairs.

Next year I’ll go home or host a dinner in my great NYC apartment. Until then, chocolate covered wafers and a remote control will do.

(Thanks for the TV, kiddo.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Anika said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Anika said...

It was twice in two months, but you are right, I neglected to mention that you came in October. So instead, the sentence should read,
"his recent visits, in late October and then in November of 2005, mark the first trips he's made to see me."

My first blog retraction!

You of all people should know that the title "Mayor of Crazytown" is earned through insanely over-the-top behavior. A few random misspellings just won't cut it.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I OWE YOU A THANK YOU NOTE.

THANK YOU!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Anika said...

I will be in NYC for New Years. I will not be a hermit as I will be on my preferred coast. Where will you be?

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home