Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Travel Log Point System

I just got back from a whirlwind tour of the East. All in all I’d say the trip was worth 425 points. By the way, I’ve begun to assess life on a point system.

Traveling to Columbus from LA. -50 points
My first flight left late, causing me to miss my connection in Denver. -25

I begged to get to Chicago and was put up at the O-Hare Hilton. +5

I arrived the next morning into Port Columbus sans luggage. -25

It arrived the next day. +5

I wore my mother’s clothing on Christmas Eve. -10 (It could have been worse than J.Jill. She’s pretty fashionable.)

Being in Columbus +200
My mom, Grandfather and I made dinner. My biggest contribution was making sweet potato pie. +25

I got to see my cousins, who I didn’t expect to see much of after my uncle’s death. +25

I spent quality time with my Dad. +50

I got to meet my great-great aunt Ida. +50

I hung out with my family and didn’t get bored. In fact, I wish I had more time in Columbus for the first time in a while. +50

Being in DC +200
I had a hair appointment. +25 (yes, that’s worth the same as Christmas dinner)

I spent time with my great-great Uncle Jimmy (Ida’s 94 year old younger brother). +50

I hung out with some really good friends I thought I’d lost. +50

I had lunch with a colleague that may lead to a job. +25

I got the new RAZR phone. +50

Being in NYC +125
My toiletry bag was lost. -100

I hung out with my dear-dear friend Corie, who I haven’t seen in a year and who is really happy and has a great apartment. +50
I hung out with my friend Aimee, who has seen me through some tough times this year. +50

I hung out with two other good friends from college on New Year’s Eve. +50

I partied with Me'shell Ndegeocello in Brooklyn. +50

I spent the night in Brooklyn at my new friend’s partner’s house. She’s cool and I’m excited to have one more good friend in New York. +25

Post trip / return home -50
My flight home arrived an hour late. -50

I waited for Super Shuttle for an hour. -50

I was the last drop off. -50

My bag was found! +100

2 Comments:

Blogger Anika said...

They were left in my friend's car in DC.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Anika said...

I think running over children is worth way more than just 25 points each. Besides, I only try to run down children in wheelchairs. Otherwise, what's the point?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home